On behalf of Houston AGD, we want to welcome you to the component's Web site! This Web site provides information on continuing education opportunities, local programs and events so that you are kept up-to-date on the latest news within the component. We hope you will visit the site frequently and check back for continuing education opportunities and other relevant issues.
Our mission statement:
- To establish an organization of general practitioners of dentistry
- To motivate and assist young dentist in preparing, qualifying and establishing themselves for the general practice of dentistry.
- To preserve the right of the general practitioner to engage in dental procedures for which he/she is qualified by training and experience.
- To provide and guide continuing education programs and study group activity for general practitioners, and to encourage and assist practicing dentists in participating in such programs.
- To promote the science and art of dentistry and the betterment of the public health, encourage oral research, and to preserve the right of the individual to freedom in the choice of a selection of his/her dentist.
- To provide effective representation for the general practitioner in all professional matters of interest to the profession and the public it serves.